It’s been many, many years since I’ve had an official “summer break” and while it was only three weeks long, it was pretty packed full.
Things to do while on summer break from nursing school:
1) Go somewhere warm. Summer is a joke in SF and I’ll be honest…I think some chemical change happens in me when I heat up. I’m a much happier, nicer person. My sister and I went all over the southwest: SLC, southern Utah, northern AZ (Navajo Nation), ABQ. And then we met P in Southern NM and Arizona.
2) Take silly pictures. We were all but promised we’d see big horn sheep on a particular hike and when it didn’t happen, this is the result…
3) Make donuts at least twice. We put chopped apples in ours and rolled them in pumpkin pie spice and sugar.
4) Play on a farm. P’s cousin has a farm in NM and we spent a day helping (or we’d like to think we were helpful) getting ready for market the next day and playing with the farm animals (Amish horses, goats, chickens, and cute farm dogs). And making and eating dinner during a crazy summer monsoon.
5) Visit friends and family. I just got back from a whirlwind of visiting my family (and Hazel) and seeing a friend in Sacramento who I miss a whole lot living in SF. A relaxing end to break.